Alpha-1 starting area
Mobs at this location
- Amanita Verna
- Animated Armor
- Brown Bear
- Cave Raptor
- Enchanted Aranea
- Enchanted Raptor
- Enchanted Scalerunner
- Ensnaring Widow
- Forest Charger
- Gibbering Maw
- Grasslands Bear
- Grasslands Charger
- Grasslands Raptor
- Grasslands Scalerunner
- Hopping Gnasher
- Swiftclaw Raptor
- Towering Troll
- Underrealm Mycena
- Undying Guard
- Venomous Stalker
- Young Drakeling
- Young Dustling
NPCs at this location
- Attendant Wynden
- Captain Quinn
- Corporal Cuhlum
- Corporal Perian
- Darian Laurant
- Headmaster Varus
- Lieutenant Griori
- Olexia Fobrasna
- Scholar Rhea
- Sergeant Cowles
- Sergeant Landry
Quests at this location
- The Alpha-1 starting area is set in the ruins of an Pyrian divine gateway.
- There are 12 different (sub)zones in the Alpha-1 testing location.
- The Alpha-1 zone is almost 100 km2 in size. This is about 17% of the total world size.
- Alpha island (also called Alpha-0 island) was the first open-world testing zone for Alpha-1 participants.
- There are approximately 4 biomes in Alpha-1: Flood plains, Sahara (Desert), Snowy mountains.
- Temporary teleportation points will be present in early tests until ships are introduced later in the alpha testing.
- Divine gateways are where players first arrive in Ashes of Creation.
- Players can choose their starting gateway. This choice is not restricted by their choice of race.
- The divine gateways were created by the Goddess of Creation in response to a warning from the Goddess of Fate that The Ancients and The Others would return from exile and seek retribution for their defeat at the hands of The Seven gods.
Where players start, they enter this portal from another world called Sanctus. Sanctus is a place of no magic, low technology; and players are the first expeditioners that are coming through this portal into the world of Verra. – Jeffrey Bard
The world of Verra features an in-game viewable world map. This map is not randomly generated, and begins covered in a fog of war. Players will not be able to see the world until they have explored it or gathered information about it. The world is also full of imperfect information, which will require the player to act on it for verification.
For example, you may hear a rumor in a tavern that tells you the location of a cave full of weak Kobolds, but this was not accurate as the rumor was started by well-equipped bandits in order to waylay overconfident adventurers.
- These points of interest are determined by Node progression; and not every server will share the same map, as player decisions will vary server to server.
The map will have geographical choke points (such as Mountains) that are not traversable by players.
Even though we're an open-world that doesn't mean that from a design perspective, especially with the way our economic systems work, that we will want to create Geographic choke points. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (17:23).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (16:05).
- Guide to Alpha One.
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (12:09).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (22:43).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (9:51).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (1:21:49).
- Podcast, 11 April 2021 (53:01).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (25:45).
- Livestream, 29 January 2021 (26:38).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (24:51).
- Livestream, 8 November 2020 (0:00:00).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (29:25).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (53:58).
- Interview, 20 July 2020 (13:33).
- Interview, 20 April 2018 (5:46).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter
- Interview, 22 May 2017 (22:54).
- The mighty beard!
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (30:53).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:25:11).