Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is a matchmaking-based arena style testing phase with three primary game modes.
- 6.25 km2 map size.
- Possibly a revised Weapon use ability system.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing modes will be implemented side-by-side with Ashes of Creation.
- Use the Character creator to create and save characters for use in the full game.
- Establish Player housing and save Furniture arrangements for use in the full game.
- Alpha-1 testers will test each arena mode for a month before that mode is granted to all registered users.
- This mode will continue during development and post launch.
In Apocalypse, you land in a world on the brink of destruction. The only way out is to be the last one standing. It is an arena based game which will support a number of different game modes, including battle royale-style gameplay, castle sieges, and gigantic monster hordes! Not only is Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse an exciting standalone experience, but we're also using it to help test new tech and features for Ashes of Creation - the more you play, the closer we'll get to the final launch of our MMO. Not only that, but any rewards you earn in Apocalypse will carry over to the MMO as well! Our high fantasy setting, the vast array of gear and spells, and our massively destructible environments make for an experience unlike anything you’ve played. Hop in, stay alive, and win the glory.
Ashes of Creation board game
- Each player chooses a Class and attempts to build a Guild that takes over a server on Ashes of Creation.
- The more guild members, the more action tokens the guild will receive. These tokens can be spent on actions on the game board and during battles.
- Guilds gain income by constructing Caravans.
- Players have a pool of resources that they keep secret.
- Attacking caravans.
- Arenas (instanced).
- Guild wars.
- Raid bosses.
- Attacking a raid boss makes the game co-op. Other guilds can then join in to fight the boss.
- The raid boss' level is based on the level that the game board is at.
- The map is comprised of six components that are placed together.
- The game board is made of of zones that evolve as players complete activities and actions.
- Over forty different buildings can be built.
- Players have a character sheet with tracked abilities and skill levels.
- As a character levels they become more powerful.
The game is playable by two to five players.
- The game will last about 30 minutes per player.
There will be expansions, but the base game can be played stand-alone.
- Expansions will come with additional map tiles with new locations to gain resources from.
- Map tiles from expansions can be switched out.
- Expansions come with additional structures.
- Expansions will have characters that are race-specific to Ashes of Creation.
- Each race will have certain advantages and abilities.
The game will probably not be funded by Kickstarter.
The estimated retail price is between $50 and $100 US.
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (41:27).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:00).
- Livestream, 3 November 2018 (0:00:17).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:07:59).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (13:17).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (9:08).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (57:42).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse registration.