Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is a matchmaking-based arena style testing phase with three primary game modes.
- 6.25 km2 map size.
- Possibly a revised Weapon use ability system.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing modes will be implemented side-by-side with Ashes of Creation.
- Use the Character creator to create and save characters for use in the full game.
- Establish Player housing and save Furniture arrangements for use in the full game.
- Alpha-1 testers will test each arena mode for a month before that mode is granted to all registered users.
- This mode will continue during development and post launch.
Battlegrounds is going to be first introduction that starts next month; and then some short time after that we will be introducing the castle siege mode... And after that we are going to be doing our horde mode. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation board game
- Each player chooses a Class and attempts to build a Guild that takes over a server on Ashes of Creation.
- The more guild members, the more action tokens the guild will receive. These tokens can be spent on actions on the game board and during battles.
- Guilds gain income by constructing Caravans.
- Players have a pool of resources that they keep secret.
- Attacking caravans.
- Arenas (instanced).
- Guild wars.
- Raid bosses.
- Attacking a raid boss makes the game co-op. Other guilds can then join in to fight the boss.
- The raid boss' level is based on the level that the game board is at.
- The map is comprised of six components that are placed together.
- The game board is made of of zones that evolve as players complete activities and actions.
- Over forty different buildings can be built.
- Players have a character sheet with tracked abilities and skill levels.
- As a character levels they become more powerful.
The game is playable by two to five players.
- The game will last about 30 minutes per player.
There will be expansions, but the base game can be played stand-alone.
- Expansions will come with additional map tiles with new locations to gain resources from.
- Map tiles from expansions can be switched out.
- Expansions come with additional structures.
- Expansions will have characters that are race-specific to Ashes of Creation.
- Each race will have certain advantages and abilities.
The game will probably not be funded by Kickstarter.
The estimated retail price is between $50 and $100 US.
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (41:27).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:00).
- Livestream, 3 November 2018 (0:00:17).
- Video, 9 July 2018 (0:01s).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (58:53).
- Video, 17 August 2018 (0:01).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:07:59).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (13:17).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (9:08).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (57:42).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).