- The number of skills on the action bar will be contained (fewer than 30).
- There will be an option to include multiple hotbars (action bars).
- For example: One Fighter will be different from another based on what active skills they have chosen.
- Through skill choice, players can customize their combat experience to focus on tab targeted skills, action targeted skills, or a mix of both.
- Players are not given skills as they level up, they must choose what skills they take.
- There is no spellbook requiring memorization.
There will be multiple hot-bars that you obviously have available, because you're going to have consumables, you're going to have active skills and whatnot. But the number of active skills are not going to overwhelm necessarily the character and be irrelevant especially at certain stages. – Steven Sharif
- Resizing, moving, recoloring and different UI flavors will be offered to players.
- There will be some versatility for players to adjust damage, criticals and CC combat text.
- In future the user will have the ability to choose from different targeting reticle appearances.
- There may be options to change the appearance of targeting templates and decals.
- User interface scale adjustments should be possible in Alpha-1.
- Adjusting or disabling screen shake may be possible.
Various display elements can be toggled on or off:
- Character names.
- Guild names.
- Enemy names.
- Party names.
- Alliance members.
- Keybinds are not yet adjustable (in Alpha-1).
- Action targeting can be toggled via a key to enable mouse targeting via a reticle that feels similar to a third-person action game.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse included hotkey customization.
- Players will be able to trigger skills with combinations of different keystrokes, and reuse the same keys as part of different combinations.
The issue with macros is that from an anti cheat metric perspective it's difficult to define what a macro is against a script. And in order to catch all scripts sometimes you have to prevent the macro usage. So really that's a that's a data issue. If we allow for macros then we lose our ability to precisely ban script users, botters. – Steven Sharif
My decision is not to allow DPS meters nor add-ons. I feel we have adequate measures in place to prevent a majority of potential third party trackers. I know this subject has passionate voices on both sides and I respect the various opinions and positions many of you have expressed. – Steven Sharif
- The developers don't want addons/mods to be necessary to experience the game.
- The design of the game API is still under consideration.
- There will be integrations available for streaming services such as Twitch and a few other services, but it's not something that will be exposed through an API just yet.
- The developers believe that parsers (DPS meters) can have negative effects.
User interface commands
||Simulates a dice roll.|
|Invite a character to join your guild.|
|Add a character to your friends list.|
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:21:03).
- Livestream, 3 May 2017 (15:15).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:41:42).
- Livestream, 3 May 2017 (17:59).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:19:24).
- Livestream, 16 November 2017 (30:45).
- Livestream, 16 November 2017 (30:02).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (43:09).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:12:50).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:27:01).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (20:02).
- Livestream, 25 June 2021 (29:09).
- Livestream, 25 June 2021 (26:11).
- Livestream, 25 June 2021 (1:31:47).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (5:06).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:22:48).
- Livestream, 3 September 2017 (58:29).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (38:30).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (27:38).
- Livestream, 30 July 2021 (1:10:22).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (27:53).
- Intrepid Studios Snapchat, 30 November 2018.
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (21:24).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (18:04).
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (30:36).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (52:42).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - No Damage Meter?
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (6:29).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (21:41).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (49:03).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (1:28:19).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (43:27).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (39:48).
- Livestream, 22 December 2020 (1:09:38).