Guild war mechanics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guild war mechanics include.
- A war declaration period.
- Objective based components.
- Victory and surrender conditions.
- Guilds may war multiple guilds/alliances at a time.
- Guild wars operate outside the PvP flagging system.
- We're taking guild politics to a whole new direction in regards to playing those conflicts out. – Steven Sharif
Guild war objectives
Guild war objectives spawn in the world based on the level of the guild war and the assets available to the guilds, whether it be a guild hall or guild fortress. There will be default objectives and then there'll be objectives that relate to the activities that a Guild has participated in.
- For example, if a guild has recently become owners of a guild hall on a freehold, objectives might be related to capturing a quest item in or around the guild hall that is only visible to the warring guild. Capturing this objective may require channeling time.
- There might be objectives to steal one of the quest items that the guild may have received from completing a raid.
- There may be bounty objectives to kill a particular guild member. The target may have increased damage mitigation and/or health against the warring guild and can call for help.
- If you have a guild hall and a certain type of guild war is declared that is maybe a higher stakes kind of war, some of those objectives will be centralized either at your guild hall, at the opponent's guild hall; could be a progression step towards the guild hall. It might be a specific a period of time that accumulates into into a central battle at the guild hall for an objective. – Steven Sharif
Death penalties do not apply to objective-based events (such as caravans, guild wars, and node sieges).
Objective-based PvP events such as node sieges, castle sieges, guild wars, and node wars will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
- Guild wars and node wars can be declared at any time, but the objectives will only spawn during the prime-time window.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Livestream, May 22, 2017 (52:01).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Livestream, May 15, 2017 (17:20).
- ↑ Livestream, June 1, 2017 (35:42).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Podcast, August 4, 2018 (1:54:15).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Podcast, August 18, 2018 (1:12:34).
- ↑ Livestream, December 22, 2020 (1:13:51).
- ↑ Interview, July 29, 2020 (31:05).
- ↑ Interview, July 18, 2020 (13:13).
- ↑ Interview, July 8, 2020 (22:37).