- Players are able to purchase small one room houses (cottages) starting at the Village stage (Node stage 3).
- The architecture of static housing is predetermined by the racial influence of the Node development.
- Taverns and Player shops are not tied to in-node housing.
|Apartments||Instanced.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
|Freeholds||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- Static housing and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
Static housing development
- The Village stage offers small housing types.
- The Town stage introduces medium housing types.
- The City stage introduces large sized homes.
- The Metropolis stage introduces mansion size houses.
If you choose to keep the same size then the next stage will have an occupied small home. So for instance if at stage three there are 8 small home and you own 1, then at stage 4 there are 10 new small homes of which x are owned by previous owners, and 10 new medium homes of which x are owned by upgraded small home owners. – Steven Sharif
New property becomes available at each stage of advancement, but it will be more akin to what was available at the previous stage.
- Only the houses that existed at the Village stage will become main street mansions at the Metropolis stage.
Static housing destructibility
- If the housing was purchased at a higher advancement than the node currently is then it will be destroyed, otherwise the housing will be scaled back.
- Blueprints are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement.
- Destroyed freeholds are subject to material loss.
- Certificates will track major milestones (such as Furnaces and Homesteads, for example).
- A possible design idea is for items such as furnishings to be boxed in crates that are accessible inside the new home.
- Player housing that is destroyed during a node siege can no longer be sold.
Not just in APOC where we want a completely destructible environment, but also in the MMORPG when it comes to Dungeons and traversing certain areas. We want destruction to be a very core element of how players make their way through the world. – Steven Sharif
- Video, 31 May 2020 (38:50).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (33:34).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (50:47).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (53:41).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (52:01).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (55:01).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (47:32).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (54:03).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:02:12).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (56:08).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:23:41).
- Video, 31 May 2020 (47:32).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (40:14).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (47:10).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:00:57).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Early Access.
- Video, 24 September 2019 (0:10).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (31:15).