We have conditions that you can set between nodes with regards to either nodes being friendly with each other and acting trade alliances, or they can declare war on nodes similar to how guild wars may function in different games, where those citizens become hostile to each other based on the player government that's elected in the particular node. So those systems all kind of cater to allowing a conflict that's meaningful and that also provides a non-imbalanced relationship between stronger guilds and not as strong guilds. – Steven Sharif
- Priests or acolytes in certain temples.
- Patron guild leader.
- Chief bounty hunter.
- Enter into trade agreements.
- Directing assets.
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
- Mayors are able to initiate quest-driven systems that non-citizens can participate in. The mayor can use a portion of the node's treasury or goods as rewards for quest completion. Players will be able to interface with the node to view the quests that are available to them.
The government has a lot of say in the direction of the nodes development. Directing assets, building projects, tax allocation, defensive ability etc. Players have the ability to not only create these cities, but they have the right of self-governance.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Guilds hold separate roles in the direction of the node than the roles held by private citizens.
- Only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles.
- Separate guild roles are reserved for small, medium and large guilds.
Guild’s also hold separate roles in the direction of the node, than the roles held by private citizens, and only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles. Separate guild roles are reserved for Small size guilds, medium size guilds and large size guilds.
- The only way to remove an elected mayor prior to the end of their term is by destroying the node.
Node sieges enable players to destroy nodes. This paves the way for new development and access to the locked content in surrounding nodes. Due to this dynamic, political strife and intrigue play an important role in the structure of the world.
- City hall.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Video, 5 April 2018 (41:48).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:02:46).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:20:48).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (9:49).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (59:11).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (1:04:05).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (36:05).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (47:27).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (36:09).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (40:50).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:26:14).
- Video, 4 December 2016 (0:02).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Video, 30 April 2017 (5:31).