Intrepid Studios was founded by Steven Sharif and John Moore, passionate gamers and successful entrepreneurs, who took their knowledge of business and passion for games and set out on a mission to make a gaming company that would build the games players want. Steven Sharif, set out to bring aboard a team of industry veterans, with a clear vision for the company’s first project. These titans of the industry hail from many backgrounds, but all share two common threads: AAA MMORPG development experience, and a passion for building the games players want.
Everyone at Intrepid is focused on building games that help bring people together. Part of what makes us who we are is that ability to connect with others, and we adhere to this design principle throughout our development process. Since the beginning, Intrepid has held to the philosophy of making games with no pay-to-win or cash grab elements – we respect our players and believe that these tactics aren’t necessary if we simply build games that players want to play. That philosophy, combined with a commitment to transparency and communication with our community, reflects the most important values that we as developers can uphold.
I don't answer to a board. I don't answer to a publisher. We answer to our players; and we try to be as transparent as possible with showing our progress; and showing it in a timely manner. – Steven Sharif
I think that we live in an age where it's easy to be transparent if you're not trying to hide something. The downside is if you're showing something that's not a completed or finished product, it is incumbent upon the viewer to understand that fact. – Steven Sharif
- Kickstarter's most funded MMORPG.
- Kickstarter's #7 most funded video game.
- Most anticipated MMO – MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most anticipated early access hands-on MMORPG – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Independent game.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Online game.
Intrepid will maintain 100% creative control over Ashes and our partners My.com and Mail.ru shares our vision for Ashes, as this was very important to us. This means our stance on p2w for the game. This partnership allows us as a Studios to focus on the development of the game and allows us to feel comfortable with the level of service that we know my.com and Mail.ru can provide our glorious community. – Steven Sharif
The gaming industry can be a turbulent storm of hiring cycles and layoffs. We’ve set out to do something different, to break this cycle and create an independent studio capable of withstanding the chaos of this industry. We’ve brought on-board a team of professionals that hold a diverse set of skills, and who all share a singular goal: making fun games. The studio is designed to be an open place for collaboration and communication, a place that is conducive to team building and success. Our goal is to build a family that will laugh together, play together, succeed together, and stay together.
Photos and video
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter.
- Video, 31 May 2017 (0:02).
- Intrepid Studios - Official website.
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 7 June 2017.
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:43:52).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (39:41).
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (11:20).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (27:35).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (11:27).