Ashes of Creation Wiki aims to capture accurate confirmed knowledge about Ashes of Creation. The 8,467 pages in this wiki are kept up-to-date with the latest info from Intrepid Studios. Everyone can contribute to this wiki.
Table of contents
Ashes of Creation
Information relevant to the ongoing development of Ashes of Creation.
- Ashes of Creation (overview), Gameplay, Design pillars, User interface
- Intrepid Studios, Milestones, Blog entries, Developer Diaries, Newsletters, Press releases
- Media, Livestreams, Videos, Concept art, Screenshots, 3D renders, Interviews, Podcasts
- Release schedule, Alpha-1, Alpha-2
- Kickstarter, Summer crowdfunding, Cosmetic store, Pre-order packs
- Franchise, Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
Engaging and immersive story
Topics that reflect the past and the present of Verra.
- Classes, Archetypes, Roles
- Races, Religions
- Skills, Augments
- Lore, Story arcs
- Roleplaying, Social animations
- World map, Points of interest, Climate
- Environments, Underrealm, Undersea
Topics that describe how the world of Verra evolves based on player activity.
- Nodes, Node types, Node stages, Zone of influence
- Economy, Marketplaces, Player stalls, Auction houses
- Artisan classes, Gathering, Processing, Crafting
- Quests, Events, Tasks
- Naval, Naval combat, Ships
- World bosses, Monster coins
- Destructible environments
Ashes of Creation will be a living, breathing, reactive world. Your actions will shape the Zones of Influence, leveling Nodes to form massive Cities, and create the story of the world that everyone experiences. – Margaret Krohn
Game systems and mechanics that foster player interaction.
- Dungeons, Raids, Combat
- Guilds, Guild halls, Guild fortresses, Guild castles
- Group dynamics, Looting
- Social organizations
- Parlor games
We decided to focus on mechanics that bring the idea of community to the forefront. To get people to interact with each other meaningfully – not just to conquer a raid boss, or to get some coin from a faceless auction house, but to maybe save a city. A city that all the local residents had a stake in. A city that the players had spent weeks or months developing; the defense of that city, the attack on that city! Or building a world together as a community choosing our own fate with our friends. We believe that’s going to be a story far more memorable and far more meaningful to players than just about anything we can come up with.
Systems that grow and shape player experiences in the game.
- Weapons, Armor
- Progression, Leveling
- Housing, Node housing, Apartments, Freeholds
- Mounts, Mules, Dragons
- Character creator, Gear appearance
- Cosmetics, Skins, Costumes, Accessories
- Inventory, Consumables
We will have a lot of content that is available, but those will be behind doors that are accessible through agency on behalf of the community. In a traditional sense, no we are not a theme-park, however we will probably have more content than a theme-park does, traditionally. Just because, in order for those choices to be meaningful, there must be meaningful content behind the door you choose. – Steven Sharif
Risk vs. reward
Activities that reward daring adventurers and foster meaningful conflict.
- World PvP, Caravans, Guild wars
- Node sieges, Castle sieges
- Player corruption, Bounty hunters
- Achievements, Leader boards, Trophy park
- Exploration, Treasure hunting
- Stock exchange (sharemarket)
The risk versus reward relationship, when, say for instance, you've dedicated time towards building a node and other players have dedicated that equivalent time towards sieging the node, there's going to be a pitched battle between those players... They spend that time doing this because they care passionately about having access to that content. – Steven Sharif
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Dillias diary.
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (16:34).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (4:42).
- Video, 24 February 2018 (0:01s).
- Ashes of Creation - A new Beginning.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (27:26).
- Video, 16 July 2017 (0:01).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (38:44).