Ashes of Creation Apocalypse classes
- Weapon skills are applied to augment a class' base skills.
- Base class skills may be able to be selected from a host of available skills for that class based on a player's progression within that season.
We had a little bit of an idea that we're going to explore with regards to each of the classes having a range of skills and abilities that players can customize that skill kit based on their progression within a season, let's say; and that progression can be gained from any of the modes and it would grant you the ability to kind of customize that skill kit for the before the siege mode or the horde mode. But that's something that might come at a later date. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges
- Takes place in and around large destructible castles.
- Matches are expected to last thirty to thirty-five minutes. This duration can be modified by control points captured during the match.
- There will be 200 players in a match (100 v 100).
- Class kits come into play during the testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
- The ability to host a session and challenge an opponent or guild may be present post-launch of castle siege mode.
The Castle Siege mode is another example of a playable slice of the MMORPG that Apocalypse is providing early testing for. While it’s a somewhat smaller scale experience than the one you’ll have in the MMO, the overall flow of taking and defending a castle will remain similar. There’s some additional systems you’ll see in the final product, like the influence of Nodes over the available defensive emplacements, the crafting and deploying of custom siege weapons, and the summoning of siege monsters. These are all things that we’ll be adding on top of this mode upon our release of Ashes of Creation. – Margaret Krohn
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege maps
- Initially two castle maps are planned for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
On January 11, 2019, we showcased our sneak peek of two siege map designs coming to Ashes of Creation Apocalypse soon - Castle Korgan previously owned by the Aelan humans and Castle Milnar constructed by the great Dünzenkell dwarves. These great castles of Verra were the cornerstone of defense for the Empires that owned them. Once home to legendary battles that turned the tides of power and influence on Verra. Now abandoned by the great powers that have fled Verra through the Divine Gateways, these great pillars of civilization are battlefields in the Apocalypse. – Margaret Krohn
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege mechanics
- The matchmaker will attempt to assign a player their selected side (referred to as role in the article) but it may allocate another side so as to shorten queue times.
- Once in the match, a player's side will not change.
- Players can see the numbers of players in their raid who have selected each class.
- Players will have a limited amount of time to lock in their class choice. If they miss the window, the least selected class choice will be automatically chosen for them.
- There is no limit to the number of a specific class that may be on a team, however the developers note that composition will be important from a strategic perspective.
- Classes cannot be swapped during a match, but this may change based on testing.
There will be a timeframe for preparation where attackers and defenders take positions and prepare weaponry.
- Siege weaponry will include ballistas, trebuchets, battering rams and potentially traps and "powder keg" type weapons.
When you join into the castle siege in Apocalypse you're going to be able to select one of six classes. Right and upon selecting those classes then you're going to be placed on your starting side, whether it be the attacker or defenders; and then you're going to be able to start preparations. It's gonna be a little bit of a loading time where you have selected those classes. You're going to take positions perhaps and whatnot; and there are siege weaponry that's going to be present there as you see here some ballistas, some trebuchets, a battering ram and maybe some traps and some powder keg kind of stuff available to destroy some things. – Steven Sharif
- Siege weapons available to the attacking side include Trebuchets and Battering Rams.
There will be a variety of siege weapons available to the Attacking side including Trebuchets and Battering Rams. Trebuchets’ range will be long enough to reach the enemy ballistas from their initial placement points. These placement points will be out of player character’s weapon range from the castle walls, but within ballista range, and scattered on the battlefield. – Margaret Krohn
Once inside the castle, the attackers need to hold objectives.
- There are objectives within the castle, such as killing guard captains.
- Attackers must destroy key strategic objectives to swing the battle in their favor.
- Defenders must protect key strategic objectives to maintain advantage.
- Holding capture points increase or decrease the duration of the map, change the opposing side's respawn times and give buffs to the side that holds them.
- Players can also respawn on capture points that they hold.
The ultimate objective of the attackers is to reach the center keep of the castle to channel on the final relic that's present in order to achieve victory.
The defenders are attempting to hold out as long as possible, but they can also rush the field to the enemy encampment or headquarters to attempt to damage their ability to siege.
- Attempt to take out attacker's siege weapons.
- Attempt to capture attacker's control points to increase their spawn time and decrease the total match time.
If a Defender captures an Attacker’s Control Point, the total match time decreases, the Attacker Teams’ respawn time increases, and it also provides a temporary morale buff to the entire Defender’s side. Defenders will also be able to teleport to any Control Points that have been taken. – Margaret Krohn
Siege weapons available to the defending side include Ballistas and Traps.
Ballistas will have fixed positions on castle towers. Traps will be placeable items that the Defending Team can use to damage and crowd control their enemies. Note that these items are destructible by the Attacking Team. – Margaret Krohn
- Upon death, players join a respawn queue shared with their teammates.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse siege equipment
- Siege weapons available to the attacking side include Trebuchets and Battering Rams.
- Siege weapons available to the defending side include Ballistas and Traps.
- Siege weapons are deployable and piloted by players.
With regards to alpha one phase one however in the castle siege system... what will happen is static siege equipment that's placed in the map for the attackers to utilize that will present at focal points of PvP in the match where defenders will know where to target a specific area on the field in order to attack.  – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is a matchmaking-based arena style testing phase with three primary game modes.
- 6.25 km2 map size.
- Possibly a revised Weapon use ability system.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing modes will be implemented side-by-side with Ashes of Creation.
- Use the Character creator to create and save characters for use in the full game.
- Establish Player housing and save Furniture arrangements for use in the full game.
- Alpha-1 testers will test each arena mode for a month before that mode is granted to all registered users.
- This mode will continue during development and post launch.
Steam really provides a great platform that reaches a lot of different users all of which you know exists in different demographics and interests; and it makes sense from a matchmaking game standpoint for a game like APOC to really funnel as many players as possible, because it gives us the most amount of data. It allows us to kickoff matches very regularly and it also introduces people who might not normally be introduced this early on to what Ashes of Creation is as a IP. As a MMORPG development it gives us access to those people. So that was really kind of what led us to you know change our minds with regards to our approach to steam with Apocalypse. With regards to the MMORPG, there are currently still no plans for the MMORPG to be on steam. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse release schedule
|APOC||Ashes of Creation Apocalypse arena stress test (NDA).||September 7, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale (NDA lifted).||October 19, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse open beta.||December 18, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse early access.||September 24, 2019.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege mode.||To be announced.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode.||To be announced.|
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse combat
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse progression
- A new chapter will be released every 10 weeks.
- Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- Daily and weekly quests will allow players to gain up to 50 levels (matching the intended level cap for the Ashes of Creation MMORPG).
- Advancing through these levels allows players to unlock unique cosmetic rewards, such as weapon skins.
You're going to have an adventuring path and that adventuring path is going to come with weekly quests and daily quests that you can participate in that will be available for the Castle sieges for the Horde and for the Battle Royale; and as you complete these quests you're going to gain experience; and right now you have up to 50 levels, which matches the intended cap for Ashes of Creation. Fifty levels of the adventure path that you can advance in; and as you advance in each of these levels you're going to be unlocking certain assets, such as these weapon skins. Now the great thing about player's progress in Apocalypse is that you will share the same account from Apocalypse to Ashes of Creation the MMORPG and anything that you earn in Apocalypse will be in Ashes of Creation the MMORPG- a unique as a skin exactly: A skin that you will have access to for helping us test write Apocalypse and preparing these different Alpha and Beta stages for Ashes of Creation. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse group sizes
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale will have party sizes of up to 5.
- Guild mode will have parties of raids of up to 20.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges will have parties of 5 within a raid, with 5 raids for each of the two teams.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode will have a party size of 5 with a total of ten groups, making for 50 players.
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (41:20).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (11:38).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (8:16).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (58:40).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Video, 8 March 2019 (0:00).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (54:06).
- Castle Siege Overview.
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (13:17).
- Interview, 6 December 2018 (38:10).
- Video, 11 January 2019 (0:00).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (35:44).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (34:26).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (56:11).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (37:45).
- Video, 17 July 2019 (0:00).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (20:49).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Open Beta on Steam.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse registration.
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:00).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:07:59).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (9:08).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (57:42).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Interview, 18 August 2019 (8:23).
- Press release - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18.
- [Blog: Ashes of Creation Apocalypse heads into early access Blog: Ashes of Creation Apocalypse heads into early access.]
- Livestream, 8 March 2019 (1:02:45).
- Video, 17 August 2018 (0:01).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (28:45).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (33:55).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (26:12).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (18:53).