If you are a mage primary with an summoner secondary class you're really going to be able to pull from the identity of that summoner: Being able to temporarily put a servant on the battlefield that might be this fire elemental... Instead of firing off a fireball you summon this fire elemental that surrounds your target and deals this damage over time and perhaps even slows them or decreases their attack speed by entangling or encumbering them with their attacks from the summons momentarily. It's the idea behind the secondary classes really being able to to skirt the line with your traditional role as your primary archetype with the roles that identify your other archetypes. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|After image||Summon shadows of yourself to confuse your enemies, granting you momentary invulnerability. Lasts 4 seconds. Mirror image evasion buff.||Increased evasion.||Bonus damage while buff is active.|
|Arch lightning||Launch a bolt of lightning in a forward line, damaging all within its path.||Adds damage over time to targets hit.||Chains to nearby enemies that are not hit. Anyone who is outside the line has a chance to get a bolt jump to them.|
|Black hole||Pulls all enemies to a point picked by the caster after a short delay.||Snares targets after pull.||Black hole explodes at the end of the pull duration dealing damage.|
|Charged beam||Channels a beam attack to a single target.||Damages over time after channel.||Damages enemies between caster and target.|
|Cloth armor (passive)||Increases armor given by cloth armor.||Further increases armor given by cloth armor.||Bonus mana for each piece of cloth armor.|
|Elemental (passive)||Increases to elemental damage. The more the mage changes their element type the more damage is done.||-||-|
|Forcefield||Eats mana based on flight height and duration. Mitigates incoming damage by eating mana at a high consumption. Has mixed utility and defensive application.||-||-|
|Ice prison||Target an enemy and summon a prison of ice around them, paralyzing them.||Adds damage over time.||Snares after root breaks.|
|Ice sheet||Creates an area where enemies are knocked down.||Snares two targets in area.||Increases size and duration.|
|Implosion||Launch a powerful burst of fire (fireball) against a single target.||Becomes a burn (damage over time).||Area of effect around the target.|
|Mage's detection||Reveal secret passages and magically hidden terrain around you. Casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards.||-||-|
|Mage's escape||Step into another dimension momentarily and emerge far ahead of your original position. Blink teleport out of danger.||Clears targets and aggro reduction.||Clears crowd control.|
|Portal||Create a portal under the caster and place a second portal in a location picked by the caster. Portal will only work for a certain number of players. May be able to be used offensively.||Increases range.||Using portal reduces threat and clears targets.|
|Quake||If your focus is at 80%, cast this spell to split the earth itself before you, launching a line of AoE damage.||Knock down those hit by your arcane might.||Reduces focus cost and cooldown for the skill.|
|Safe space||Targeted party member (can be self) is removed from combat for duration. They are sent to some extra dimensional location.||Banished target gets extra mana while banished.||Reduced cooldown.|
|Spellbook combo||Target an enemy and use magic missiles from your spellbook to strike with multiple blows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||-||-|
|Tentacles||Creates an area of effect around the caster that roots targets.||Adds damage over time to targets and increases range.||Increases duration.|
- The word "equip" only applies to items. There are currently no plans to include summoning items into a player's inventory or character slots. It may however be possible to change the appearance and damage type/data of a weapon through the use of a spell.
- There are summoned weapons that appear as a spell VFX to damage opponents for a period of time. These will not be able to be wielded, since weilding implies an item in a character equipment slot.
- Ashes of Creation class list.
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (44:32).
- PAX West 2017 Mage poster.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (39:52).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (39:15).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (42:20).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (42:42).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (43:44).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (43:53).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (39:02).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (42:08).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (38:35).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (39:42).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (41:26).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (40:14).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (40:23).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (43:14).