Template:Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale
- This is a last man standing PvP combat mode.
- Weapons and armor found in the world have unique skills associated with them. These interact with the terrain from defensive, offensive and utility standpoints.
- Players can build buildings and structures such as watchtowers, defensive pillboxes and arcane structures.
- Everything in the world apart from rocks and trees is destructible.
It's going to have a lot of high octane energy and activity. It's going to be very streamable. It's going to be no NDA. There's going to be a lot of different weapons and skills that were going to be testing. Each of the weapons and armor that you can find in the world are going to have unique spells and skills associated with them that interact with the terrain from a defensive standpoint, from a utility standpoint, from an offensive standpoint. It's going to be able for you to build buildings, complete structures, watchtowers and defensive pillboxes type structures: Arcane structures. You're going to have a lot of fun activity there. – Steven Sharif
Why did we go with Battle Royale as the first testable arena mode? And the answer for that is honestly, as we're testing and getting people into matches on our servers and testing the replication among players in a battlefield; and making sure that tech is present and capable for hundreds of players on the battlefield: We wanted to have a game mode that was still fun for players to test in: An environment that was fun to test in. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (28:22).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (40:44).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (27:04).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:00).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (13:17).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (56:11).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:19:04).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (11:03).