There are plenty of mechanics for you to exercise your dislike of another player especially through PvP and we don't want to hard code in divisive systems, such as either excluding movement of a player character into a certain area, such as your Tavern; or banning somebody through that method. – Steven Sharif
- Duels may be initiated within a freehold or node as they are considered self-contained events that are opt-in by all parties, and do not fall under the player flagging system.
- The freehold is intended to be a protected area unless there is a siege and the town gets destroyed. If the town gets destroyed, the freehold's up for grabs and it becomes a PvP area. – Steven Sharif
- NPC guards may be available for hire to defend freeholds after a successful node siege. NPC guards that permanently exist on a freehold are not a planned feature.
- Q: We were discussing in chat earlier about freeholds and whether or not a person would be safe in their home or within the entirety of their freehold from getting player killed?
- A: I think our initial testing is going to revolve around the footprint of their freehold and then we'll take into consideration the metrics gleaned from that testing. – Steven Sharif
- Previously it was stated that permission to decorate but not take anything from the house would be able to be assigned to other players.
Bounty hunter maps
Players with a high enough corruption score will be visible on the world and mini maps. These players will have markers posted on the map by an NPC from a Military node of at least stage 4 (Town), and will only be granted to players who have the Bounty hunter title. The accuracy of bounty hunter maps is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.
Taverns are one of the locations that bounties will be posted. As players gain corruption, taverns may offer bounties to eliminate those players; or have a specific area cleared of problem players, thus giving a POI (point of interest) on the world map.
- Podcast, April 23, 2018 (46:10).
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (1:03:23).
- Interview, August 8, 2018 (6:44).
- Livestream, November 19, 2021 (54:26).
- Livestream, January 18, 2018 (31:05).
- Livestream, December 23, 2021 (1:29:27).
- Livestream, May 19, 2017 (28:04).
- Livestream, April 30, 2021 (1:12:33).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (51:58).
- Interview, January 20, 2017 (06:12).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (48:00).
- The mighty beard!