- Events are not a direct parallel with real world events. Instead, there will be in-game lore behind seasonal events that can relate to the real-world in some way.
- Certain calendar events will incorporate the cultural identity of the various character races.
- Part of the things that they're working on is creating a lot of cultural identity for these character races and how we can bring about these calendar events from the perspective of each individual race. That's something that I think is going to be really helping identify or giving identity to each of the character races. – Steven Sharif
- Seasonal events in-game may not exactly align with real-world seasons due to the different in-game seasonal cycle.
- Will seasonal events in the real-world align with the seasonal rotation in the game world? And I think in that sense probably not. That's going to require a little bit of suspension of disbelief in understanding that. But it's also fair that in-game events do not need to be perfectly cyclical like let's say seasonal events are in the real world. They could have a non-uniform cycle associated with them... There is something to be said for having that represented in the game as long as it's immersive; as long as it's contextualized within the story and the world and the universe that we've created; and isn't a direct homage to Santa Claus in the real-world, just to use a prime example of something. – Steven Sharif
- Holiday events are not going be "campy" or immersion-breaking.
- We have a lot of ideas on how certain real-world holidays can be contextualized within the game world and seem fitting. – Steven Sharif
- A raid boss, such as a winter dragon, may appear because a node has developed to Town (stage 4). This may bring an eternal winter that affects crop rotations until it is killed.
- Some biomes will have seasons that are less (or more) temperate. For example: Northern, Southern and Tropical regions. Other biomes will have fixed climates.
- Events may radically change the current season a zone is in, or elongate it. This includes weather changes.
- There will also be magical seasons where you might be in a tropical zone and suddenly it's snowing.
- Items, crop cycles, buildings, and crafting mechanics might gain certain buffs or debuffs in certain seasons.
- Ocean and underwater areas will not have seasonal changes.
- Winter might have a spawner that activates on a road that spawns at large fallen tree and players who see that will have an opportunity to go up and exert some type of one-time action that helps in removing that tree and it might require you know X number of people to do that before the tree gets removed; and that you know as an example is not beneficial for the transit of goods because as you know caravans require- well they don't require but they move better on roads and if that tree were present let's say blocking you know a road that led to a bridge per-se that they would have to off-road. – Steven Sharif
- Different seasons may affect access to various roads.
- Pathways that are open during summer may be closed during winter.
- Seasonal affects may cause obstacles or blockages to the transit of goods via caravan.
- Water turning to ice in winter, enabling players to walk over the water but blocking access to what is underneath.
- Ice will make roads bumpy and slippery.
- Seasonal flooding is something the developers are talking about internally, but will not be present in Alpha-2.
- They might last longer if you don't deal with the dragon, or if you keep that relic active, but these on a cycle on a cyclical perspective as a normal season transition might be exist within a one week timeframe right and then it transitions over a period of hours. – Steven Sharif
- The weather systems, the season systems, that's going to be a obvious point of testing for Alpha 2 of course. We're going to play around with the different cycles and and times and how they impact the economy, the rotation of resources, the movement of goods: all of those things play into the purpose- one of the purposes of having seasonal systems. So that is something that we are going to play with during our Alpha 2 testing and will land on what feels both most comfortable- is visually appealing, but also has the impact on the economy that we desire to see on the design side. – Steven Sharif
- In Ashes of Creation the world will change on a regular basis. Zones will progress in a seasonal cycle, which will alter the very nature of the environment around you. Snow may block pathways that are accessible in warmer months, spring may encourage creatures otherwise unseen to come to the surface, and fall might be the only time that certain crops thrive. This cycle can then take in the state of the world’s Nodes and shift depending on their progression.
- Seasonal cosmetics can be obtained in-game.
- These won't be out of place in terms of immersion. They will be homages.
There will be some real world references, particularly with regards to potentially real world holidays as well as some historical events or cultures. For example the PAX East kind of ship that was named Eleanor that we released a cosmetic of, you know, being a reference to the Eleanor ship that the tea was thrown off of; or kind of colonialesque look. – Steven Sharif
- Calendar events.
- Node attacks.
- Monster coin events.
- Pop-up triggered events.
- POI events.
- Narrative events.
- PvP events.
2022-11-24 2022-05-15 2022-04-17 2020-10-01 2019-12-25
- Types of Events on Verra.
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (36:51).
- Interview, October 20, 2018 (7:31).
- Livestream, May 10, 2017 (40:36).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (38:05).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (50:49).
- Podcast, April 11, 2021 (23:36).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (20:27).
- Twitter - Seasons.
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (56:24).
- Livestream, September 27, 2018 (41:33).
- Livestream, July 18, 2017 (36:47).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:29:06).
- Livestream, July 26, 2019 (1:32:40).
- Livestream, September 30, 2022 (1:25:56).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- Livestream, June 30, 2022 (1:10:19).
- Video, May 27, 2022 (6:33).
- Livestream, May 27, 2022 (1:13:39).
- Video, May 27, 2022 (12:50).
- Livestream, June 30, 2022 (2:57).
- Interview, July 18, 2020 (16:34).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Festive Protector's Garments
- Podcast, May 11, 2018 (36:28).
- Podcast, May 11, 2018 (36:28).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (39:00).
- Livestream, June 25, 2021 (1:13:30).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (40:21).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (41:30).