Divine node governments
- Most of the devotion-oriented tasks are going to be on an individual basis and won't utilize outside support.
- Religion is intended to be a motivator, not an aesthetic.
- Choosing a religion enables players to walk a light or a dark path through their choice of questlines and other actions.
Sometimes games in the past have tried to shy away from heavy emphasis on religion because of the parallels that can occur between what is in the real world and this fantasy realm. I don't really subscribe to that theory. I think that religion plays a very significant role in the story of what Ashes of Creation is about and it is very much this almost monolithic idea of good vs. evil; so that is really at the crux of what the overarching narrative will be in the game; and I'm not trying to pigeonhole players into "everyone has to be good", like I said earlier there will be opportunities for players to deviate from that, should they so choose to roleplay in that regard. – Steven Sharif
The progression of the Tulnar- while they are still the staples of what were once the primary deities of the good pantheon remained for the Tulnar, over the time they existed and evolved into the society that they are at the return to Verra. It's much more similar... to the way the Creole religions advanced, with using components of Christianity as well as Voodoo and other smaller, more "paganesque" religions; and incorporated them into one. To that degree, you can correlate the way that society around the Tulnar has this almost combination of what were pagan beliefs from the minor races as well as the introductions of the major beliefs and religions from the major races, because they all came together in the Underrealm and survived in that regard. So you’re gonna see naturally a combination of those two things. – Steven Sharif
- Players may follow only one religion at a time.
- Religious progression is based on quests that are only offered to followers of that religion.
- Religions have a ranking system based on a player's performance in these quests and the number of quests completed.
- Changing religion will cause loss of progress in a player's previous religion.
It depends on their dedication to the religion itself; their performance when it comes to certain religion's religious objectives; their contribution to the development of that religion within the world. There's a lot of different markers that we use at each stage to determine how they progress within the religion. – Steven Sharif
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (26:54).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (1:18:26).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (15:37).
- Podcast, 15 November 2020 (29:23).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (23:15).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (44:51).
- Podcast, 15 November 2020 (20:04).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (16:50).
- Livestream, 30 July 2021 (1:13:11).
- Podcast, 15 November 2020 (31:13).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (24:33).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (57:02).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (33:40).