- Good Necromancers can work with helpful spirits.
- Evil Necromancers can summon zombies, skeletons and other undead creatures.
I view the Necromancer as a master of life and death and the way I kind of want to implement our Necromancer is you can choose to be a Necromancer for good or Necromancer for dark and twisted things. Either is viable. If you want to work with spirits that aid you can do that. If you want to summon zombies and skeletons and other type of undead creatures you can do that as well; and then you can use them for your will. – Steven Sharif
The necromancer is going to be able to choose the path of life or death with regards to its summoning influences and augments. So you'll be able to augment your summons to either aid and assist in healing and providing support to either yourself or the other summons you may have out or other party members; and the the death side of that augmentation will really influence your opponent to create damage, to sap life, to manipulate their ability to survive in combat. – Steven Sharif
- Abilities from the summon appear on the summoner's hotbar.
- Summoner has control over their summon.
- Summoners will likely not be able to fuse with their summons (eidolons).
- Summons can be leveled through the application of skill points to their active skill.
- Summons will be able to use crowd control (CC).
- Zombies, skeletons and other undead creatures.
- Corpses (potentially).
- Some summoners may summon multiple things.
- Other summoners may only summon one powerful thing.
- Certain summoners may only be able to summon effects and/or temporary energies.
For example: If your summon had a sweeping attack with a claw, or had the ability to bite an opponent, or rush an opponent; and you took teleportation, you could rush them similar to how I've given an example with the tank: Teleporting to a target instead. Or, its claws could combust on impact on a target dealing some burn damage that persists. Or... let's say your summon traditionally was some type of bear or bear cat, you could apply an elemental augment and now it could be a transparent flaming bioluminescent cat; and its damage would be fire based. So, that's how we want to influence the active skills with how augments apply; and that's how it would apply with Summoners. – Steven Sharif
- Choosing life augments will provide the ability to give life giving benefits to a degree to other players as well as provide self-healing benefits.
- Class specific appearance.
- Race specific appearance.
- Through in-game items.
- Through cosmetics that will be offered.
- Potentially through a summon creation suite, based on the Animal husbandry system.
The other cool thing about the you know summoner that we want to implement is kind of a summon creation suite where you can customize the appearance potentially based on what you found in the world. Something that's already going to be implemented with the animal husbandry system; and there's no reason why we can't take that technology- that you know system and apply it elsewhere such as with the Summoner. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation class list.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (11:27).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (22:27).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (41:04).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (10:06).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (43:20).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (0:58).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (24:11).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (51:11).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (47:18).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (1:07:55).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (1:26:09).