There are prerequisites for guild formation.
- Minimum member count of around five individuals.
- Material and currency cost.
- Completing a quest line.
- Minimum level requirement.
Players may be able to form guilds in starting areas if minimum requirements are met.
Guild names may be up to 30-32 characters in length.
Guild name reservation
Guild name reservation was available in the Braver of worlds and higher backer packages during the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns.
The user interface will allow emblems, logos and symbols to be designed in-game.
- Guild emblems.
Emblem editor functionality is tentatively planned for Alpha-2.
Import of user-created image content (UCC) is being considered. This was previously not under consideration.
- An active GM staff will be monitoring user-created content. Users who upload inappropriate content will place their accounts in jeopardy.
- I know previously we had spoken about not allowing custom user images in the game, however I think we're leaning more now in the direction of allowing for custom user images. Absolutely well what it will be is the fact that we're a subscription game and if you want to jeopardize your account by doing the wrong thing with regards to custom users [images] then by all means you may do so and we'll have stringent practices in place to prevent that from actually being an issue. – Steven Sharif
- With regards to this UCC question, I think when you have an active an active GM team that you know you are you have directed to care take the product you're going to mitigate a lot of that functionality you don't want to see out of this custom image system. People who look to let's say meme the system are going to be met with the type of enforcement that they don't want to have on their account; and being a subscription-based product and being a risk versus reward and maybe a more old-school approach to character development and progression I think they're gonna take a significant risk in doing things that we don't want them to do, which will result in the jeopardy of their account. So I think that is not going to deter a hundred percent of things- I don't think you ever can deter a hundred percent of things unless we go away from custom images- but I think that we can achieve some parity of essentially enforcement versus infraction ratio that's going to be liveable for everybody. – Steven Sharif
A character may only be a member of a single guild.
- Alts on the same account can join different guilds.
- Intrigue, espionage and intelligence gathering is a legitimate aspect of the game.
- A guild may only have a single guild leader.
- Transfer of guild leadership is possible, but mechanics on transferring leadership if a guild leader has abandoned the guild have not been finalized.
- Guild masters can issue payouts to guild members.
Characters may be invited to join a guild from anywhere on Verra.
- Invites can be done through the guild UI.
- There will also be a guild invite chat command.
Server reservations allow guild members as well as unaffiliated players to reserve character slots on a server starting in the Beta testing stages of the game.
This would likely be utilized more so by guilds than that would be solo or unaffiliated players; and I believe that the solo player they may have friends that they want to play with. That's fine, they can also still with those friends do the reservation system, but the player who is just joining the game fresh and doesn't have a community that they're part of, I don't think they really mind in that regard and will not utilize that system. – Steven Sharif
The developers are considering a number of leadership tools for guilds:
- Recruitment tools.
- Management tools.
- Delegation tools.
- Motivational systems.
- Communication tools.
- Audit logs may be available to guild leaders and officers.
- Guild stats.
- Information about guild membership, such as archetype and class makeup will be made available.
- Access to guild stats is subject a permissions structure.
For me personally, being a guild leader of a very large guild in the past, these types of administrative functions are life savers for guild leaders... Guild leaders are a very important part of the community for MMORPGs in general and the reason for that is- think of it like a queen on the board- "I bring order to chaos". To a degree, guild leaders are that order to the chaos. They help organize- they do so through lieutenants- they delegate responsibilities. There are good leaders, there are bad leaders, but essentially it's a highly social environment and if you can find a good guild and that guild is augmented with complimentary services from the company, from the game itself, it just makes that life easier and allows them to execute better. So in my opinion that is an important aspect. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Interview, August 8, 2018 (15:07).
- ↑ Livestream, November 17, 2017 (40:56).
- ↑ Livestream, February 26, 2021 (1:09:28).
- ↑ Livestream, July 30, 2021 (53:15).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Livestream, May 17, 2017 (55:40).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Livestream, October 31, 2018 (47:44).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Interview, October 20, 2018 (3:35:54).
- ↑ Livestream, July 29, 2022 (1:06:39).
- ↑ Livestream, July 29, 2022 (1:06:15).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Livestream, July 26, 2019 (1:05:28).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Interview, July 8, 2020 (48:30).
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Podcast, May 5, 2017 (47:20).
- ↑ Livestream, May 17, 2017 (58:18).
- ↑ Livestream, May 26, 2017 (47:35).
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 Livestream, December 22, 2020 (1:09:38).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:06:43).
- ↑ 21.00 21.01 21.02 21.03 21.04 21.05 21.06 21.07 21.08 21.09 21.10 Livestream, May 5, 2017 (31:08).
- ↑ 22.00 22.01 22.02 22.03 22.04 22.05 22.06 22.07 22.08 22.09 22.10 Livestream, May 19, 2017 (19:23).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Podcast, November 15, 2020 (52:50).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 Livestream, September 24, 2021 (1:24:16).
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 25.4 Livestream, September 30, 2020 (1:06:14).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 Livestream, November 19, 2021 (52:35).