Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Farming offers time-based returns from leveraging the freehold system.
- Players may also grow crops in the garden sections of their player housing.
- Farmed materials can be processed into craftable materials.
- Farmed materials can also be converted directly into consumable items through professions such as cooking and alchemy.
- There won't be a breeding mechanic associated with crops.
- The way farming complements what would be in-the-wild gathering is these are more specific applications of returns: These are timed returns that you can have, leveraging essentially the Freehold system and the areas of that. Now once you have collected that farmed material, that's when you process it into a craftable material or you can take it directly through some of the farming professions into a consumable item, whether that be through Cooking or through Alchemy or any types of those things. – Steven Sharif
- Artisan freehold features are also affected by adjacent terrain features. For example: building next to a river provides a nearby source of clean freshwater, and will have a positive effect on crops.
- Seasonal variations in resource availability will impact the economy and necessitate the transit of goods between different regions.
- One of the things that is huge about the season system and how it affects crops and the gatherables in the game is the impact it will have on the economy. When a particular area no longer is capable for a week's period of time, or even potentially longer, of producing a certain type of crop or harvestable; and that has to change across the world regionally, now the transit system of those materials of those gatherables they become more relevant, and they're subject to potential risk; and the prices might go up in certain areas. It is something that is actually very instrumental in the overall design of the economy in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Seasons may not directly affect certain gatherables, such as veins of ore, but access to those resources may be blocked during certain weather conditions.
- It won't likely affect too much on certain resource spectrums like veins of ore. Those might not be affected by the seasons or weather systems, but there might be blockages to cave networks that house those types of ore veins. Alternatively it is going to be significant impact on any type of herbology or plant-based types of gatherables. It's going to have significant impacts on crops that players can plant themselves on their properties; and that they'll be able to harvest. They're going to need to time the crop placement and its maturity window so that it's harvestable and available to be harvest before the change of seasons that might adversely affect certain types of crops. And not every biome will experience the same type of effects caused by the seasonality of the world. The desert biome might instead of snow have significant more winds that pick up that could be damaging to more fragile types of crops if you have a freehold in that location. – Steven Sharif
- This will affect Farming and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (35:36).
- Livestream, October 30, 2020 (44:22).
- Livestream, May 5, 2017 (32:11).
- Livestream, October 14, 2022 (32:38).
- Interview, February 7, 2021 (42:41).
- Livestream, May 30, 2017 (20:01).
- Interview, February 7, 2021 (44:17).
- Video, May 25, 2017 (4:37).
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (39:47).
- Livestream, October 16, 2017 (56:42).
- Livestream, May 5, 2017 (15:47).
- Video, May 30, 2017 (0:01).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (56:24).
- Livestream, May 27, 2022 (55:47).
- Video, May 27, 2022 (15:50).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (20:27).
- Livestream, June 1, 2017 (24:30).