List of dungeon bosses
- Open world dungeons will be populated to facilitate multiple groups within the dungeon.
- Instanced dungeons will also be present and will cater for solo and group questlines.
There are going to be smaller, simpler, linear dungeons. There's going to be bigger, more complex, nonlinear dungeons. So, It's a little bit of both. We want the environment to be a character. In order for the environment to be a character, these places need to be interesting and there needs to be a dynamicism to them. – Jeffrey Bard
Dungeon difficulty will increase the further a player ventures into the dungeon.
- Mobs and mob mechanics will become more difficult.
- Terrain and environmental dangers will increase.
- Massive caverns and open world spaces.
- Places to suit larger and smaller commitments.
- Where people with 30 minutes can participate.
- Dungeons are vast and have room for multiple groups.
- No loading time or loading screens between regions.
- Instancing is only going to happen in certain dungeons where the desire is to have greater narrative appeal. Outside of these and arenas there will not be too much instancing anywhere else.
- There will be an 80/20 split between open world vs instanced encounters.
- There is no instancing in Alpha-1.
- As nodes advance and expand they will influence nearby points-of-interest such as dungeon bosses, regional bosses and Raid bosses.
- The difficulty level and loot tables of these encounters will change based on this influence.
- The Ancients and The Others used the Harbingers to travel to Verra, thus beginning the Apocalypse.
- The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and began conquering Verra.
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where the Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
The worst thing that the Harbingers brought was not the Others, but the corruption that they spread. It twists and distorts everything it touches. It whispers in the ears of men, and guides their hands toward terrible ends. There does not seem a means to stop it - our prayers do nothing, our spells are ineffectual. The awful truth is that the Others could simply watch as we burned Verra to ash ourselves.
- Higher performance in earlier phases will increase the difficulty of subsequent phases of the encounter.
- The higher the difficulty, the better the loot tables will be.
- Bosses and mobs will not auto-scale based on group size.
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- Need before greed
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter NPCs within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will require approximately 40% or more of the total DPS to be granted looting rights.
- Parties who do not have the first tag will be required to do more than approximately 60% of the total DPS to quality for looting rights.
If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (1:53:32).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (16:34).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (4:42).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (39:21).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (20:59).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (43:21).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:48:36).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (1:32:06).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (39:08).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:53:18).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (23:00).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (45:30).
- Interview, 13 June 2021 (24:14).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (40:08).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (1:05:34).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (11:04).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (24:17).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (46:08).
- Dillias diary.
- Livestream, 8 November 2020 (0:00:00).
- Livestream, 8 November 2020 (11:48).
- Livestream, 8 November 2020 (12:47).
- Week 1, entry 1.
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:58:18).
- Livestream, 8 November 2020 (12:40).
- Interview, 13 June 2021 (11:15).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (14:51).
- Interview, 13 June 2021 (22:20).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (17:12).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (26:40).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (1:01:40).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (1:12:03).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (27:11).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (44:14).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (1:08:22).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Interview, 20 July 2020 (21:57).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:00:15).
- Livestream, 22 December 2020 (1:15:01).
- Livestream, 3 May 2017 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 5 May 2017 (43:05).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:44:54).