Dünzenkell Dwarves are split into two races: Dünir and Niküa.
Deep in the mountains of Verra legend tells of a forge created by the gods, from whence all Dwarves are originated. Fabled to be the first created of the major races, the Dwarves are said to have arrived on the continents with ships made of stone and steel. Dwarven smiths and craftsmen are found far and wide across Verra. The center of the Dwarven race is the nation of Dünzenkell, found deep in the northern mountains. Dwarven society tends to be heavily matriarchal and their clans existing under the oftentimes eldest matriarch. Dwarves are closely connected to one-another by alliances forged between family guilds. The Dwarven child is marked at a young age with his or her guild sigil. Some dwarves banished from Dünzenkell or having chose to walk a path alone will often have their sigls burned from their skin. – Steven Sharif
The Dünzenkell nation, deep within the mountains of Verra exists the oldest nation in the world. The Dünzenkell have been known as many names over the ages, but only one name has graced the highest mountain, within which their capital has stood since the beginning of recorded history: Dün. The Dwarves of the Dünzenkell rule through a council of guilds. A royal family is chosen once every 200 years by this council to rule. Currently the right to rule falls on the shoulders of King Grimlay. It has been nearly 400 years since a king has lead the Dünzenkell. Traditionally this role falls to the matriarchs of the family. Expeditions are often sent into the Underrealm from Dün; and there many believe lies the source of secrets among the Dwarves and their success with mastering artisanship. Untold magic lies deep within Verra. It's source not known to many. Dünzenkell has long benefited from this source though. It has fueled the expansion of the Dwarven kingdoms throughout the northern mountains. – Steven Sharif
Dünir (pronounced Doo-near) are a playable Dünzenkell Dwarven race in Ashes of Creation.
- Stoic. Tradition. Forge. Most of the peoples from the old world would see a mountain and think nothing of it. The Dünir saw a defensible home where riches abound. The Dünir take immense pride in what they craft and what they build: fortifications that seem impregnable, warhammers that never break, or beautiful gems for their royalty are all in their repertoire. Don't be deceived by their stout stature. They're pound for pound the strongest warriors the world has ever known.
Niküa (pronounced Ni-koo-ah) are a playable Dünzenkell Dwarven race in Ashes of Creation.
Family. Freedom. Courage. Where the Dünir saw mountains as home, the Niküa saw it as a prison. How could they complete the great hunt inside a cave? The craft of their brothers doesn't elude them though; they too are highly skilled artisans. Instead of jewelry for nobles, the Niküa see crafting as a right of passage and advancement of the family. Will you progress your people from the mountains of your ancestors?
Facial hair is characteristic of the Dünir, not the Niküa.
- Female Dünir beards will not match that of the male. It will be more of a braided option that is not as voluminous.
- Body hair may also be a character customization option for female Dünir.
- The developers updated the Dünir dwarves' design to have a more stout traditional fantasy appearance based on feedback from Alpha-1.
Niküa dwarves have a "halfling" appearance.
2022-04-07 2022-01-30 2022-01-30 2022-01-30 2022-01-30 2021-12-27 2020-10-30 2020-09-09 2020-07-31 2020-04-30 2018-02-28
- ↑ Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- ↑ Livestream, August 26, 2022 (34:15).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ Livestream, November 3, 2018 (0:00:28).
- ↑ Livestream, November 3, 2018 (0:01:29).
- ↑ Steven Sharif Twitter.
- ↑ Livestream, September 24, 2021 (1:10:31).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Livestream, October 29, 2021 (44:32).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Livestream, March 31, 2022 (1:06:54).
- ↑ Livestream, September 30, 2022 (1:08:03).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (13:39).
- ↑ Livestream, January 28, 2022 (53:29).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Livestream, January 28, 2022 (50:00).
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Livestream, August 27, 2021 (1:17:07).