- Costumes are not gender locked.
- Costumes are one piece outfits that cover an entire (gear) set.
- All hoods, whether part of a complete costume or individual gear, will have the option to be shown or hidden on the character by the player.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- Gear is intended to be realistic in appearance.
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- There will be hundreds of attachments available ranging from a small clasp to the front plate of a breast plate.
- The dyeability of costumes depends on the specific costume.
Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (51:08).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (25:39).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (24:54).
- Livestream, 29 May 2020 (50:20).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (5:28).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (22:33).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (53:43).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (50:29).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (54:10).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (1:08:05).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (54:56).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (9:47).
- Livestream, 3 September 2017 (48:56).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:34:46).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (18:48).