- What a character looks like.
- Achievements and server firsts.
- Info on a player's class.
- Character's back story via journal entries (that are shared publicly by the player).
- Traits can be applied that describe a character's history.
You will have a unique homepage for each character and that homepage will be able to be customized by the user to display unique information. It will have a small out-of-game RPG component where you can construct background and traits and stuff like that. – Steven Sharif
That's part of the character sheet desire for us which hopefully will be accessible in game as well by opening a browser through our UI where you can get back history of a character that that character has input themselves into journal entries that they may choose to share with others... For role play perspective we want people to be in depth with their characters. – Steven Sharif
The player can manage what info is shown on the character page.
- Crop rotations.
- Player stalls (Kiosks).
- Mayoral duties.
- Pay taxes.
- Fishing (potentially).
- Parlor games (Tavern games).
- World event notifications.
- Node citizenship notifications.
- Player housing notifications.
- Guild leadership tools such as calendar notifications is a possible feature.
- Specific dates that you can have running as reminders in your guild UI, this will also be something that I would like to be available on the mobile companion app as well. So essentially you can receive notifications via a calendar update on guild events that the leaders or the officers have the ability to pin within the game will also give you notifications on the mobile app as well. That's my intention at least. – Steven Sharif
Some of it may come post-launch... but we do want people to interact with the game on their phones when they're away from the computer; and we're going to do as much as we can to make that cool. – Jeffrey Bard
A character's voice may be able to be selected from preset options.
- There is a minimum length of three for a character name.
We want there to be a lot of room for people to manifest their own identity, to role play how they want to from an appearance standpoint. There's going to be parameters within which you will be able to customize a character. We want the culture and the identity of the races to exist in a range that makes them easily identifiable from other players and other cultures. So, because of that, we have to have a spectrum you can exist on. There will be a lot of hair variants you can do, body art tattoos that you can apply. You'll be able to play with the scales of the facial structure, the bones, the height, width, the body fat percentage. You'll be able to add body hair on different parts of the body. If you want to have hair on your feet, you can dial that up. – Steven Sharif
- Character models are focused on realism.
- A player will see a generic character before customization.
- Character designs will have influences from a wide range of cultures, such as European, African and Asian.
- Lolis will not be in the game.
- Body type.
- Overweight, skinny, muscular.
- Body fat percentage.
- Bone structure.
- You can't have a one inch tall character.
- There will be "boobie sliders".
- The scale is not going to be ridiculous.
- Facial structure.
- Hair variants.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Facial hair.
- Body art.
- These are relative to the character's race.
- Create and save characters for use in the full game.
- This was previously slated for Alpha-1.
As we develop our character creation screen we'll implement that into arena mode. So can create characters there, save those characters. When you make a character in Ashes you can port over that save. – Steven Sharif
I would like to have the option for players to go in spend time, create characters save that character and then have it available in their suite their character creation suite as an option to preload at launch that they can take that's those settings and launch the character. I would love for there to be community rewards and competitions for the best made characters that we could do like a monthly kind of thing around and/or additionally I'd like for there to be implementation of housing and a housing suite that you can save your furniture load out as well for building out the interior of housing. I don't know if we'll be able to get to that. It is a cherry on top of the icing. And we'll see how the schedule looks with that regard. – Steven Sharif
Early access character limits
- Allow testing of different builds as needed.
- Provide equipment needed to test various scenarios.
There will be a "comfortable" number of character slots on launch.
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (13:59).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (28:50).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (6:30).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (30:18).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:00).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (54:09).
- Livestream, 9 May 2017 (28:57).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (9:49).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:53).
- Podcast, 15 November 2020 (52:50).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (09:43).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:49).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:11:52).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (53:40).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:10:44).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:39).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (48:39).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (2:45).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (46:51).
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (46:22).
- Ashes of Creation Twitter.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (13:39).
- Livestream, 8 may 2017 (47:35).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (51:19).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (11:21).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (10:04).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (12:39).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (13:13).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (1:10:46).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (54:32).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (10:27).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (48:45).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (28:22).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (54:10).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (1:08:05).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (1:07:51).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (40:31).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (30:51).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (57:00).
- Podcast, 4 May 2017 (51:52).