- Flight paths via flying automated creatures that link nodes within a specific region.
- Airships that link scientific metropolises in different regions.
- It is possible that some public transportation services could be player-driven.
One of the nodes has the idea of an airship that can go from node to node and I'm certain that we will have harbors that do similar things with other node types... It might be something that could be player-driven... We're sure to have a taxi system you know where you load up a couple people and you drive them somewhere while you AFK. – Jeffrey Bard
- Mounts provide faster travel.
- There is very little teleportation in the world.
- There is not going to be any "go to waypoint" (auto-pathing) mechanics.
There is very little teleportation in the world. Some of that does get unlocked through metropolises of a certain type. Additionally there are mounts that are faster travel and there are services that are fast travel between nodes. – Steven Sharif
- Player ridden mounts.
- Mounts will have varied speeds.
- Flight paths between nodes within a specific region.
- Airships between scientific metropolises.
- Teleportation between scientific metropolises and their vassal nodes.
- Family summoning.
Even though there's not fast travel, there is faster travel. So you know mount ridden. There will be connection points between certain nodes via the use of like flying automated creatures that you can use. Stuff like that. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Family summon||Long duration cast (30 seconds to a minute) with an approximate 30 minute cooldown that slowly summons each of your family members to your location (up to eight members). Players cannot be summoned in the following cases:||-||-|
Scientific node benefits
- Citizens of metropolis scientific nodes may teleport between the metropolis and any of its vassal nodes, regardless of the stage of the vassal node, so long as the vassal node is not at war.
- Citizens of vassal nodes may teleport to their metropolis node and back.
- If there are multiple scientific metropolises, then an airship will provide faster travel between those scientific metropolises for citizens of those nodes and their vassal nodes, so long as the metropolises are not at war.
This will allow Citizens and Vassals of Scientific Metropolises to do things more quickly than others, as fast travel is limited in the world of Ashes of Creation. They’ll be able to exchange goods and information with ease and get to locations in the world at a quicker speed in order to gather crafting materials to create recipes, as well as participate in limited-time events.
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (45:30).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (50:52).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (2:06:42).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (24:48).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (51:57).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (1:20:58).
- Podcast, 26 July 2020 (1:34:47).
- Podcast, 26 July 2020 (1:32:15).