Aela was the capital city of the Aelan empire prior to the Exodus from Verra.
- The ruins of Aela is located in the Riverlands biome. It houses the Aelan divine gateway in Alpha-2.
- It is a massive area; and again the reason why it's so large and why this might be very atypical for us as players to experience in such a starting area something so big, is because this place changes based on what you do in the world; and different areas of this city become accessible as the world develops further. And there's reasons for you to come back at later levels and experience that. – Steven Sharif
The Aelan Empire
Aelan Humans are split into two races: Kaelar and Vaelune.
The Aelan empire is the most recent successor of the once great house of Lyneth. For over one thousand years the house of Lyneth ruled over the Aela. A golden age endured for most of their reign. It was only during the dawn of [the last century before the fall], during the Great War of the Undying that the house fell. With no suitable heir to the Lyneth throne the country fell into chaos. What arose is the fragile republic we see today. Overseen by the Emperor elected through the Council of Five: The five who govern the greatest cities on the Empire. The Aelan empire is by far the largest nation in all of Verra, with over eight million souls among its inhabitants. Aelans also represent the single largest population on Verra. Their borders touch upon every other nation; and with their interests of expansion on the seas of Verra, they are able to deploy their widely feared armies to any shore. The Empire uses this fear to bully many city states, bending them to their will. Those who deny the will of the Empire often find themselves at the end of a sword. – Steven Sharif
The Riverlands biome was the ancestral home of the Aelan and is the present day home of the Kaelar.
The Toren half-elves were the predecessor of both the Aelan and Pyrian races.
Laria Lemonte, Head Mistress at Carphin University, was one of the most important mages in the Aelan Empire at the time of the fall. Heeding advice from an unknown origin, she engaged in desperate and dark acts in a fruitless attempt to save the Aelan capital city Aela from destruction.
- The blood sacrifice of Berric Pulsifer began a ritual that led to the mass killing of the residents of Carphin, turning them undead.
- The curse of Carphin was born from blood magic. – Steven Sharif
- The unknown voice who was aiding and abetting her pursuits, was indeed the same Ancient that perverted King Atrax from beyond the void.
- The corrupt mist flowing from the tower did delay the legions of the Ancients in their progress toward the capital until they constructed an apparatus to allow them to cross the river.
Mobs at this location
- ↑ Livestream, February 24, 2023 (1:03:01).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Transcript, November 5, 2022 (42:16).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Twitter - Capital city of the Aelan empire.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Livestream, May 27, 2022 (1:04:29).
- ↑ Video, May 27, 2022 (3:46).
- ↑ Livestream, February 24, 2023 (1:03:37).
- ↑ Livestream, November 3, 2018 (0:05:24).
- ↑ Livestream, February 25, 2022 (41:00).
- ↑ Livestream, November 8, 2020 (00:49).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Livestream, February 24, 2023 (1:01:33).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Twitter - Laria Lemonte is a powerful wizard.
- ↑ Transcript, November 5, 2022 (23:09:23).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Transcript, November 5, 2022 (23:24:07).
- ↑ Transcript, November 5, 2022 (23:27:19).