Aelan Humans are split into two races: Kaelar and Vaelune.
The Aelan empire is the most recent successor of the once great house of Lyneth. For over one thousand years the house of Lyneth ruled over the Aela. A golden age endured for most of their reign. It was only during the dawn of [the last century before the fall], during the Great War of the Undying that the house fell. With no suitable heir to the Lyneth throne the country fell into chaos. What arose is the fragile republic we see today. Overseen by the Emperor elected through the Council of Five: The five who govern the greatest cities on the Empire. The Aelan empire is by far the largest nation in all of Verra, with over eight million souls among its inhabitants. Aelans also represent the single largest population on Verra. Their borders touch upon every other nation; and with their interests of expansion on the seas of Verra, they are able to deploy their widely feared armies to any shore. The Empire uses this fear to bully many city states, bending them to their will. Those who deny the will of the Empire often find themselves at the end of a sword. – Steven Sharif
The Riverlands biome was the ancestral home of the Aelan and is the present day home of the Kaelar.
The Toren half-elves were the predecessor of both the Aelan and Pyrian races.
Kaelar (pronounced Kay-lar) are a playable Aela Human race in Ashes of Creation.
- Build. Order. Civilization. These are the foundational principles of the Kaelar. Their empire in the old world spanned the largest of all, and they plan to do the same in this world. Extremely loyal to their roots, the Kaelar will rise to the challenge.
Vaelune (pronounced Vay-lune) are a playable Aela Human race in Ashes of Creation.
- Trade. Law. Hardship. The Vaelune were forged in the heat of the desert, and through the ages became a blade that bends, but does not break. Through the development of a complex web of relationships and savvy negotiation, the Vaelune grew into one of the wealthiest empires in Sanctus, despite having few natural resources to exploit themselves. Their environment has taught them what it means to kill or be killed, whether through the beasts of the desert or the snakes in the market square.
Vaelune have Jinn influence in their lineage, which manifests as an essence-like rupture in their skin after stepping through the divine gateways.
Aelean architecture has a French medieval influence.
Orders of the Seven
The orders of the seven are religious organizations corresponding to the seven grand temples of Verra.
- The Order of hope is an Aelan human order based in the capital city of Aela. The patron deity is Resna.
- The Order of fate is a Kaivek orc order headquartered in the capital city of Ren. Patron deity is Norlan.
- The Order of truth is a Pyrian elven order headquartered in the capital city of Amera. Patron deity is Shol.
Within the temples of the seven there exist different levels of organizations that call on only the most devout followers to serve. Depending on the follower's skills, services could mean many things. For those among the followers who hold a certain set of skills, there are the orders of the seven. Each of the orders answers to a different hierarchy within the various grand temples of the seven that are found throughout Verra. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege maps
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges take place on a 1km2 (one square kilometer) map.
Five castles are intended for the Ashes of Creation MMORPG. It's likely that eventually there will also be five castle maps on Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
- Initially two castle maps are planned for Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
On January 11, 2019, we showcased our sneak peek of two siege map designs coming to Ashes of Creation Apocalypse soon - Castle Korgan previously owned by the Aelan humans and Castle Milnar constructed by the great Dünzenkell dwarves. These great castles of Verra were the cornerstone of defense for the Empires that owned them. Once home to legendary battles that turned the tides of power and influence on Verra. Now abandoned by the great powers that have fled Verra through the Divine Gateways, these great pillars of civilization are battlefields in the Apocalypse. – Margaret Krohn
Hundreds of years before the first Harbinger appeared in the Verran sky, under the rule of King Fentis Lyneth VIII, there lived a great Aelan explorer named Doren Greyshore. Doren sailed the first ships to the shores of Eranthia, where he established one of the wealthiest guilds the 10 seas had ever seen: The Greyshore Company. Their motto - to this day - still holds true: "The sails of diplomacy are driven by the winds of trade, within the seas of opportunity."
2022-09-27 2022-06-23 2022-04-21 2022-03-31 2022-03-31 2022-03-31 2022-03-31 2022-03-31 2022-03-11 2022-01-30 2022-01-30 2021-03-28 2020-10-30 2020-10-09 2020-04-30 2019-06-29 2018-06-07 2018-04-01 2018-01-19 2018-01-19 2017-10-21 2017-10-13
- ↑ Transcript, November 5, 2022 (42:16).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Twitter - Capital city of the Aelan empire.
- ↑ Livestream, May 27, 2022 (1:04:29).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ Livestream, November 3, 2018 (0:05:24).
- ↑ Livestream, February 25, 2022 (41:00).
- ↑ Livestream, November 8, 2020 (00:49).
- ↑ Livestream, September 30, 2022 (1:06:56).
- ↑ Video, March 31, 2022 (0:35).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Livestream, March 31, 2022 (1:06:54).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Livestream, August 26, 2022 (41:37).
- ↑ Livestream, January 30, 2020 (1:07:50).
- ↑ Interview, October 20, 2018 (3:47:17).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Livestream, November 3, 2018 (0:00:20).
- ↑ Livestream, November 3, 2018 (0:01:18).
- ↑ Livestream, November 3, 2018 (0:06:56).
- ↑ Video, January 11, 2019 (0:00).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 Castle Siege Overview.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Livestream, January 11, 2019 (35:44).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Livestream, January 11, 2019 (34:26).
- ↑ Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.