Jump to navigation Jump to search
Crossbows were a type of ranged weapon in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse.
- Crossbows were a stretch goal as a weapon type back early in the project, around 2017/2018. And when we did our Apocalypse testing we included that weapon type as part of the combat testing. However, along with the potion launcher, we decided not to support the additional animation/vfx and design work for Ashes and discontinued the development of those weapons. There were skins available in the Apocalypse testing period that were purchasable with embers, I have asked the community team to provide emails updating users who purchased those specific skins during Apoc of the inapplicability of those skins in Ashes going forward. They will be refunded the embers to their account. – Steven Sharif
List of crossbows
- None -
- None -
There are multiple gear slots in Ashes of Creation.
- Artisan gear may be able to be equipped in an "undergarment" slot that can be toggled between adventuring gear and artisan gear.
- Previously it was stated there were 16 gear slots.
A character may equip up to two hand weapons and also wear a ranged weapon on their back.
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- There will be a setting to determine if the ranged weapon or main/offhand selection is your primary weapon to use for Q or left-mouse-button basic attacks.
- Let's say you use Power shot: You click Power shot, you quickly switch over to the ranged weapon, execute the skill, and you're back to your primary focus, which is the the sword and shield; and then for weapon attacks like your Q or your left mouse button, you would have the option to to set which is your focus, the ranged weapon, or the main offhand selection and you can swap back and forth between that as you want. – Steven Sharif
Rangers are going to have a minimum distance requirement where they are eligible to use their ranged weapons.
- While melee characters have a max distance proximity where they're eligible to use their sword and melee weapons, Rangers are going to have a minimum distance requirement. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Livestream, May 30, 2019 (58:28).
- ↑ Livestream, September 1, 2018 (27:28).
- ↑ Livestream, May 4, 2018 (33:56).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ Livestream, February 24, 2023 (1:05:54).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Livestream, February 24, 2023 (46:15).
- ↑ Livestream, June 30, 2022 (1:17:34).
- ↑ Livestream, July 28, 2017 (24:54).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Podcast, September 29, 2021 (40:50).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Interview, May 11, 2018 (16:32).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Livestream, June 30, 2017 (47:14).
- ↑ Podcast, September 29, 2021 (46:20).