- Quarriors are able to be domesticated and used on Freehold farms to gather gemstones from the ground using their long tongues. These gems suffuse into the creature's shell, where they can be removed by their owners. Removing the gems allows the quarrior to continue to eat.
The warrior of the quarry. None are his equal.
Entry from the Kaelar Bestiary: Amidst the strange landscapes beyond the portal, there has proven to be no shortage of hostile wildlife, though fortunately a select few have defied this notion. Among them is a curiously docile creature clad in a veritable suit of stony armor. After observing its rampant propensity for excavation using its long claws, the researchers investigating it dubbed the creature a 'quarrior.'
The creature's most notable features, however, are the myriad sparkling jewels that dot the surface of the quarrior's stone plates. This is said to be a natural byproduct of its diet, composed of a wide selection of geodes. Extraordinarily resilient teeth and a potent stomach acid serve to break down the minerals into a more amicable form of sustenance. Excess nutrients left unused by the body condense and form the bright jewels each quarrior possesses.
Despite the seemingly unrefined nature of the quarrior’s jewels, they harbor an unmistakable lustre that quickly rose in demand. Upon learning of the existence of these potentially lucrative beasts, more than a few forward-thinking poachers set out to extract their fortunes off the backs of the unlucky quarriors they found. While possessed of a highly volatile temperament when cornered, the quarrior is ultimately not a combative creature by nature. Many fell, and soon the markets bustled over the bids of bloodsoaked gems.
However, such niceties, like so many things, are finite. A particularly wealthy nobleman took scope of the situation. Whether through pity for such a creature or seeing the opportunity to expand his wealth further, he took it upon himself to safeguard the creatures. With a sizeable congregation of quarriors bought for no small sum of coins, the nobleman was intrigued by the creature's unusual docility, and soon wondered if such a thing could not be domesticated as one would a cat or dog. Eventually, his theory would yield merit, and his would be the very first quarrior farm. Many soon followed, and the quarrior now finds itself in a position of high esteem, not only for its gems, but its natural ability to excavate, proving to be a remarkable boon in carving civilization from the rock and stone of the new world.
- Expeditionary pre-order pack: Jul 2018 - Aug 2018
- Intrepid pre-order pack: Jul 2018 - Aug 2018
- Voyager pre-order pack: Jul 2018 - Aug 2018
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures may exist in the wild.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
We plan to include a shop for micro transactions. The shop will only include cosmetic items. Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Blog: Rocky Beginnings
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:01:58).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Quarrior.
- Livestream, 27 September 2019 (45:00).
- Video, 30 July 2019 (0:00).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Rime and Regal
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:25:55).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (32:36).